We’re all going a little stir crazy. Us extroverts a little more than others. So as a wildly extroverted person, I thought I’d share with you how I’m coping. Guess if any of these are true.
- Zen coloring. I’ve got these books and I’m been using my kids colored markers and pencils like I’m DaVinci.
- Listening obsessively to the news. A commentary on how ducks in Mongolia are faring during the pandemic? I’m fascinated.
- Drinking coffee and eating M&Ms. See this dark carafe? It’s filled with ESPRESSO SHOTS gotten through the Toddy method. Who needs a Starbucks? I can get wired right at home on coffee and sugar.
- Writing. Yes, I’m working, though it tends to be scattered and will require massive re-writes, I’m still putting words on the page. Or the screen, as it were.
- Reading. I’m going for lighter fare these days. Can’t focus on a taut, scary book. Give me light and funny and all will be good. Speaking of which…don’t forget to check out my light and funny Were-Geeks Save Wisconsin. Just enough comedy and adventure to distract yourself from reality. And I still have a few special BLC edition print books that you can find here: https://kathylyons.com/blc2020/
Answer: 3,4 and 5.
I’m always filled with caffeine and sugar. That’s not new! I’m always writing and reading. That’s just who I am. But I had to turn off the news. I check it in the morning and evening for a few minutes. That’s about all I can take without becoming depressed. And that’s not good for anybody, least of all myself or my husband who is stuck inside with me. As for the Zen coloring, sadly, I keep wanting to, but can’t sit still enough to manage one. But I’ve got them out and am going to try again soon. Right after some more M&Ms…
So what are you doing during quarantine?