I just finished the fabulous Coastal Magic Conference in Daytona Beach, FL. Guess what the highlights were…
- Hanging out with Damon Suede. He’s a great guy, awesome writer, and a ton of fun anytime. Anytime I can hang with him, I’m in heaven.
- Watching Abduction (in which there was no abduction, no one thought about abducting anyone, or even attempted it) as part of Cinema Craptastique. It is so much fun to be snarky about a film with a room full of equally snarky people!
- Live flash fiction in which the audience picked a character, location, and item and we had to just fly with it. OMG, the stress! The fear! The Muskrat LOVE! Check it out here! http://bit.ly/24184S7 http://bit.ly/1XnWEDx http://bit.ly/1WhPOOK
4. Readers, fans, writers, people – You know me. It’s all about the people. I talked with everyone and anyone. Plus I got a ton of free books and found some others that I bought because I wanted to read them RIGHT NOW!
Answer: All of the above, but mostly 4 – I’ve found a new Zen about life and this was the first conference I’ve been to where I really stepped into the energy of just talking about books. No selling, no promoting, no stress. It was just hanging and gabbing about stories. It was wonderful and that’s my new plan from now on. Let’s just gab about stories. Though, I have to admit, Flash Fiction was amazingly fun.
And now that I’m done with the conference, my husband and I are taking a few more days in Orlando to vacation. Guess what the absolute best part of Orlando is right now. The sun! The heat! I’m soaking up the rays!
- The sex. Hell, when else are we going to get our groove on? We’re relaxed. And if a Doubletree cookie doesn’t get you in the mood for sensual delights, then I don’t know what else will!
- Amusement Parks! Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios, Sea World—you name it, it can be found in Orlando.
- Time to read, read, read. All those books I got this weekend, now is the time I dive right in. HEAVEN! Time to read, read, read. All those books I got this weekend, now is the time I dive right in. HEAVEN!
- Time to read, read, read. All those books I got this weekend, now is the time I dive right in. HEAVEN!
Answer: It’s not 1 – because Florida in February isn’t always sunny. *sigh*. It might be 2—all the hot sex—but my husband would hurt me if I confessed those secrets! It was once 3 because we had children and loved running around the parks. We’re older now and really prefer not to walk that far just to get nauseous on a ride. Boring, much? Yes. So it must be 4 – all that READING! WOO HOO! Though I did stop to write this blog.
And now…I’m diving into Loving the Chase by Sharla Lovelace.
Check out my latest novels: ONE ROGUE AT A TIME and SEDUCING THE SKEPTIC.