I am not a woman who repeats phases. I’m a been-there-done-that kind of girl. There’s so much more in the world to explore, why would I go back to something I’ve already done? I don’t usually repeat movies or books, would much rather go to a new restaurant no matter how weird than repeat an old one, and I’m not even all that excited about repeat vacations. Give me something new. So it was with considerable shock that I’m repeating two of the following phases. Guess which ones.
- Was hugely into it 28 years ago, and have suddenly decided to buy my own bowling ball and shoes.
- Crochet, embroidery, needlework I used to do it all before kids. Suddenly, I’m stocking up on yarn and looking at specialty hooks again.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I started reading Joss Whedon’s biography and just had to revisit this awesome TV show.
- When I blew my knees fifteen years ago, I took up yoga to rehab them. Got to the point where I was teaching classes. I could never put my leg around my neck, but heck, maybe now’s the time!
- Who doesn’t love getting dirty and watching things grow?
- Rock climbing. My daughter got me started on it when she was 10. Then she discovered boys and we both stopped. Now I’m back into it. (And yes, I do look at all those hard bodied young men as they pass me by. I’m married, not dead.)
Answer: 3 and 4 I have started rewatching Buffy and love every second of it. Joss is brilliant. You know that question about who would you have dinner with if you could share a meal with anyone? I always say Joss Whedon. (And Stephen Moffet of Dr. Who.) And yes, I’ve gone back to yoga. I’m thinking of working it into a new book and so I just started up again. Answers 1 and 2 bowling and needlework were indeed phases, but so far I haven’t gone back. Answers 5 and 6 were never phases. I hate gardening and watching plants grow is boring, IMO. Rock climbing requires a bunch of arm, hand, and upper body strengthNOT my forte. But I will watch the hot young men as they demonstrate their skills!
So what about you? Any phase you want to revisit?
And while you’re at it, don’t forget to check out THE PLAYER NEXT DOOR by Kathy Lyons. Maybe there’s a reading-about-hot-basketball-players phase that you want to enjoy!
1 thought on “Phase I REPEAT!”
I would like to revisit the RT Conventions!!!!!!!! I am missing all of the lovely people that I have met. Jade Lee of course being one of them! Jade Lee ROCKS!!!! In order for me to go to an RT Convention it would involve me revisiting flying. I am not sure that I want to do that. I swore off flying after the RT Convention in California. We hit some bad turbulence on our last flight home that really freaked me out. Plunging 30k feet to my death is a fear and it felt like that fear was coming to life. My boyfriend even won a $500 South West gift card that is collecting dust.