Multiple choice questions from Jade:
Guess what I did for Mother’s Day! I got to:
- Sleep in all day and have a handsome man rub my feet.
- Drive home from the Off-Campus Writers Workshop in Chicago while listening to an audio book.
- Spend the day shopping with my childrenand buying them new wardrobes.
- Let’s just say tequila was involved and I don’t remember much beyond that.
Answer: 3. Yes, one of my daughters is a law student. Her summer internship is in a DA’s office. Go her! Except that she has no lawyer-like clothes. And since she’s got no money (because she’s in law school), I decided to help her out. Not to be left out, the other daughter tagged along and got stuff, too. But honestly, it was fun. I got to hang with my children and shop.
Now, guess what HORRIBLE mistake I made:
- I got tired, handed them my credit card, and snoozed in the Starbucks. It’s stunning how much two twenty-somethings can buy in the time it took me to have a power nap.
- Bought two pairs of AWESOME pants for me and didn’t notice the Dry Clean Only tag.
- I said, Let’s eat dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and didn’t think about the line.
- Drove home alone while exhausted from a day of shopping.
Answer: B. I’ve made mistake 1 before, so that doesn’t happen anymore. Come to think of it, I’ve made 2, 3, and 4 mistakes before as well. You’d think I’d learn. But a latte took care of the tired drive. And since I had a great book on audio, there was no problem there. I love the Cheesecake Factory even if I have to wait in line. So the big mistake was buying these two pairs of pants and not noticing that they’re dry clean only. Big oops. Bigger oops is that I just pulled them out of the washer and realized the problem. So anybody have good advice on how to not pay a zillion on dry cleaning?
Oh and guess what? 50 WAYS TO RUIN A RAKE by Jade Lee is getting rave reviews. Don’t miss it! It’s my funniest book to date! https://kathylyons.com/50-ways-to-ruin-a-rake