There are lots of fun things to do in the Motor City. My favorites include things like NOT getting mugged and NOT witnessing a gang killing because that’s all I hear about in today’s news. City gone bankrupt. The terrors of 8 Mile. A whole lot of empty urban landscape ready for filming the newest zombie apocalypse movie. But Detroit still has a lot going on that’s fun. Guess which ones of the following are true.
- A great big tire on I-95. It was a Ferris wheel at the 1964/5 New York World’s Fair, but now has tread where the gondolas used to be.
- Motown Museum. A small shingle clad building where Motown’s unique sound was produced from 1957-1072. Any Marvin Gaye fans out there?
- The crumbling ruins of
- The Grande Ballroom, a place that once hosted jazz legends and psychedelic rock bands.
- The Detroit Children’s Zoo. Don’t worry. There’s a new exciting one on the opposite side of Belle Isle, but the remains of this one are still visible.
- Michigan’s Central Station – Hundreds of trains passed through there each day…once upon a time
- The Heidleberg Project – One man’s attempt to bring beauty to an urban landscape by making abandoned buildings artistically exciting.
- Secret groups of shifters live there, getting their animal on while saving the city one hot heroine at a time.
Answer: ALL ARE TRUE! …well, except for the Heidleberg Project. It’s alive and well as it tries to bring art to the community. https://www.heidelberg.org/ Personally, I love their bumper sticker that reads: Life Without Art is Stupid.
Perhaps you were wondering where the secret groups of shifters live? Well, if I told you, it wouldn’t be secret, would it? But you can learn more about them in Alpha Unleashed, the first book set in Detroit in my Grizzlies Gone Wild series. It begins a new trilogy of danger in the Motor City when someone poisons the water and normal, everyday people start turning into shifters. Fortunately, the women of Detroit are strong and determined, even in the face of incredible happenings. Once they figure out the score—grizzly bears in Detroit!—they’re able to ride the rollercoaster that comes from loving a man who is half animal and all sexy. Check out Fresh Fiction’s Review here: http://freshfiction.com/book.php?id=93342
“Superbly crafted, smart, action-packed, innovative, thrilling: a winner all the way.” Fresh Fiction
“Alpha Unleashed is a fast-paced, wild bear-shifter ride! I loved it!” — New York Times bestselling author Jennifer Ashley
For a chance to win e-copies of the first three books in my Grizzlies Gone Wild series, go to the original post on Fresh Fiction and comment on this blog. Contest ends April 30th. Click here.
3 thoughts on “Who Knew Detroit Could Be So Sexy?”
I am definitely checking this out. I had never heard of some of those sights.
Nice to hear from you! Be sure to let me know what you think of all those spots.
Oh man I really was late & missed out on this giveaway but I’m in the loop now for future giveaways. I would love to read the books it sounds REALLY good & seeings how I am from Metro Detroit it’s a must I read them lol! Plus I’m a HUGE fan of your books!! And the tire is actually on I-94 East and if you have never saw it, it really is a must see!! Detroit has its bad but still has a lot of fun and interesting things to do and see! We still have a drive-in movie theater at Ford & Wyoming Rd.