I decided to try a new publishing venture. Guess what it is:
- I’m finally putting my strip tease act on video and uploading it to Youtube. And uh, sorry that the G string broke from the force of my gyrations. I gotta lose some weight, ya know?
- No I’m not! Between two pen names and my life of playing PvZ2 and petting my cat, I’m much too busy.
- Poetry. I’m publishing minimalist poems like this: Awake, Coffee, Blah, Chocolate!
- I’m putting my books onto audio.
Answer: #4 . (Let me know if you thought answer 1 was TMI.) This is not my first foray into audio. A few of my Kathy Lyons books are in audio, and the newest historical 50 WAYS TO RUIN A RAKE by Jade Lee was just released, too! Woo hoo! But those were done by the publisher, not me. This time, I’m actually involved in picking the reader, the distribution venues and more.
It’s an exciting thing to do. There’s a lot involved that I never expected. The first book to go into production was my very first published historical RULES FOR A LADY. This is a book I wrote nearly 20 years ago back when I knew nothing about publishing. It’s about a young girl with a secret and her hot guardian. There’s no sex because I was writing traditional Regencies back then, so it’s about the attraction and the banter. So guess what I thought when I started listening to the audio file.
- OMG, they’re British. I picked a British reader with a British accent, and she reads making it sound as if it really did take place in England. Which is perfect! I was so happy I did a little dance when I started listening.
- Hey, this is an interesting book. I wonder who wrote it
- That’s not at all how I’d write it today. I’d have to add a pig or a turkey or something, just to liven things up.
- There’s such sweet innocence in this book. I can’t ever have been this young.
Answer: #1. Although there’s a bit of every answer in my reaction. Mostly, I was startled by how delightfully fun the book is. Looking back, I remember struggling over every word. But what ended up on the page made me smile. There’s an overriding exuberance in RULES FOR A LADY that I struggle to find in some of my later works. It’s just fun and I’m so pleased that I managed it!
I’ll let you know when the audio is finished and available. And in the meantime, you can pick up the audio book for 50 WAYS TO RUIN A RAKE. Get it through your favorite retailer using the links below.
You can also pre-order THE PLAYER NEXT DOOR by my alter ego, Kathy Lyons, that will be out in a few weeks.