I’m trying to get in the habit of telling people online about books I read that I really enjoy. My tastes are all over the place, so don’t expect consistency. You’re as likely to hear about my new tarot deck as a romance novel. Anyway, I just finished Charlaine Harris’ A Longer Fall. That’s book 2 in her Gunnie Rose series. Book 1 was An Easy Death.
Guess why I picked it up?
- My husband loved True Blood, and I loved Midnight, Texas. Of course, I’d pick up the Gunnie Rose series. So…when is the tv show?
- Charlaine is joining me at Book Lover’s Con as part of my Love the Shifter, Love the Man event. I needed to read her latest and, boy, do I love it!
- Western/future/dystopia is my jam. I loved Firefly, after all. Why wouldn’t I pick up this gem?
- I’m reading in alphabetical order. I’m up to authors beginning with Charlaine.
Answer – A and B. Yes, I love Charlaine’s work and would read her stuff anyway, but I was pushed to read faster because I’m going to be hanging out with her at Book Lover’s Con. I can’t wait! As for the other two, I did love Firefly, but it’s not usually a reading genre. And I’ve never been organized enough to be alphabetical about anything.
- I really love how that phrase encapsulates the heroine’s world.
- Duh. Tight writing with a great voice. This series is my favorite of Charlaine’s books for exactly that reason. There was one paragraph (in the first love scene) in A Longer Fall that took my breath away. The entire romance was there in one paragraph, and it was incredible.
- Fun adventure. Why else would you read an adventure book?
Answer: All of the above. These were fun books that I thoroughly enjoyed!