Kathy Lyons is the wild, adventurous half of USA TODAY bestselling author Jade Lee. A lover of all things fantastical, Kathy spent much of her childhood in Narnia, Middle Earth, Amber, and Earthsea, just to name a few. There is nothing she adores more than turning an ordinary day into something magical, which is what happens all the time in her books. Winner of several industry awards including the Prism—Best of the Best, Romantic Times Reviewer’s Choice, andFresh Fiction’s Steamiest Read, Kathy has published over 50 romance novels, and she’s just getting started. Check out her latest news at www.KathyLyons.com, Facebook, and Twitter.
Fun Facts About Jade Lee / Kathy Lyons
- One of Jade’s ancestors signed the document that leased Hong Kong to the British for 99 years.
- Jade’s great grandmother had bound feet barely over 3 inches long. When running to an air raid shelter from bombs in WWII, her grandsons had to carry herone on each side while her feet still ran in the air.
- One of Jade’s ancestors governed a province in China that was troubled by bandits. When he finally caught the evildoers, he cut out the leader’s heart and ate it raw to intimidate the others. It worked!
- One of Jade’s ancestors put two carved stone dragons on trial for destroying crops and damaging property. According to the trial, these two dragons left a temple wall to play in the river thereby causing flooding and crop damage. They were found guilty and sentenced to remain on the stone pillars for eternity. Two large iron spikes were then pounded into the center of each dragon. And the flooding stopped!
- One of Jade’s ancestors hid for a week under a bed when bandits took over his home. The boy was eight years old and the only survivor of his village. After the bandits moved on, he left his home and walked to the Christian mission in the next county.
- One of Jade’s ancestors was the first female dentist in Indiana. In her spare time, she caught and canned sparrows. She would tie corn kernels to a piece of string and dangle them from a tree. When the birds ate the corn, they would be caught on the string. She would then take them, can them, and then give them to her relatives as Christmas presents.
- Jade’s father is the foremost authority in the world on the evolution of camel crickets.
- Jade was a pro racquetball player for 3 weeks. Then her knees blew out and ended her career. But she still plays!
- Coffee, chocolate, cheesecake
- My cats
- Racquetball – I went pro for about 3 weeks before blowing my knees ? My social media links are around here somewhere.. Actually, just scroll down.
- Oh and I adore my Jade’s Jewels Street Team . They get all the good stuff early! Here’s a link so you can join, too.
- Romance! I adore my husband, but he’s just not the romantic type. So I write it. And read it. And love it!
- Currently adore these TV shows: Supernatural, Agents of SHIELD, The Blacklist, The Good Wife, NCIS, and of course, Downton Abbey
Here’s an example of the probing questions I answer in my blog:
What can readers find out in my blog?
A. My favorite Tom Hiddleston video.
B. My costumes for RT. (Can you say pirate boots that don’t match any other color in my wardrobe?)
C. What happens when three writers go on a writing retreat and get loopy. (It’s not my fault. Cindy Dees took and captioned this photo: Squidge had an accident.)
D. Whatever random silliness comes out of my mouth or camera. (This is Winter Page and Damon Suede)
Answer: C and D. The first two are on their way but not up yet. Unless I forget. Then you’re just going to have to wonder!
And now, here are a few of my favorite pictures right now. These change regularly, so check back!
PS. Want a Squidge of your very own? Well, find me at a conference and get one for free! Here’s a link to my appearances.
- USA TODAY BESTSELLER #128, March 5, 2006 Seduced by Crimson
- 2 BOOKLIST reviews
- Lee’s deft eroticism hasn’t lost any of its power. With her latest variant on the Tigress practice, Lee’s star continues to burn bright. (Nina Davis on Burning Tigress)
- If Lee’s skills continue to grow at this rate, it will be she who becomes an Immortal. (Nina Davis on Desperate TigressSTARRED review)
- 3 PRISMS
- Best Erotic 2006 White Tigress
- Best of the Best 1999 Oracle (by Katherine Greyle)
- Best Futuristic 1999 Oracle (by Katherine Greyle)
- 2 RITA FINALIST
- 2008 Best Historical for Tempted Tigress
- 1999 Best First Book Oracle (By Katherine Greyle)
- 2 HOLT MEDALLIONS 1999 Best Futuristic and Best First Book Oracle (by Katherine Greyle)
- 1 Romantic Times BOOKclub Reviewer’s Choice WINNER
- Tempted Tigress 2008 Best Historical KISS
- 2 Romantic Times BOOKclub Reviewer’s Choice Nominee
- Desperate Tigress 2003 Best Sensual Historical
- White Tigress 2003 Best Historical
- 2 Romantic Times BOOKclub TOP PICK
- Seduced by Crimson
- Desperate Tigress
- 3 Romantic Times BOOKclub KISS awards
- Desperate Tigress
- No Place for a Lady (Greyle)
- Major Wycliff’s Campaign (Greyle)
- PEARL 2005 Best Erotic Romance finalist
- PASSIONATE PLUME 2006 Historical #2, Hungry Tigress
- Honorable Mention ’99 Best in the West for Unbridled
- Winner ’98 Worldfest Flagstaff for Isn’t It Romantic?
- 1998 Semifinalist in Chesterfield Writer’s Film Project
- 1998 Quarterfinalist Fade In: Magazine screenplay contest with Oracle
- Winner ’98 Houston Worldfest for A Lady Does Not (dramatic adaptation)
- Winner ’97 Houston Worldfest for Oracle screenplay. (SF/F)
- 1987 MPW in screenwriting, University of Southern California
- 1984 AB Cum Laude in English, University of Michigan
- Romance Writers of America
- Novelist, Inc.